Saturday, July 28, 2012

In Memoriam

via

Yesterday I lost a cherished family member.

But, don't worry. It wasn't a person.

It was the Buick.

For those of you who aren't aware, the Buick was an amazing car that I 
sort of inherited from my grandmother while I was in high school. 
It was huge, it was red (inside and out), and it was probably the 
most comfortable car I've ever been in. 
Seriously. I could have lived in it.


I started driving the Buick during my junior year of high school after a deer 
destroyed the front and right side of my van. It still had its PA 
license plates, which I thought was super cool.


We had quite a time together. . . Here are a few of the moment's I'll never forget.


We were together when I returned to driving after breaking my foot . . .
and when I slid it under the back bumper of a jeep that same afternoon
what a nice welcome back to driving experience.

We were together when the Buick was the only car in our arsenal 
that could get up the driveway during a snow event
especially snowmagaddon 
once the van left the driveway, it didn't come back up for a week.
the Buick was back up that afternoon.

We were together when the Buick hit the 100,000 mile mark
on 2/16/2012 two days after what would have been
Grandmommy's 96th birthday ♥
Happy 100,000 miles Buick.
I'll miss you terribly.

We were together when I was driving to Ocean City, NJ 
And we were (almost) together when I rented my first car
(thanks to the Towson incident)
my first rental car!

We were together when I bought my new car
(an almost direct result of the Towson incident)


We were together for one last time after I lost my wisdom teeth
(thanks to the squirrels that incapacitated my new car)

We had a great ride together . . . I 'll miss you!

No comments: