Monday, October 18, 2010

Coolest Science Fair Project Idea Ever.

One of my friends posted this video/article combo from cnet on Facebook and I have to admit that it brings out the nerd in me... I'm basically obsessed.

This father/son team decided it would be neat to send an HD camera and an iPhone into space via a weather balloon spacecraft. Cool right? The camera made it to about 90,000 feet before the balloon burst and sent it tumbling back down to earth at speeds reaching 150mph, even with a parachute!

If I had been this technologically savvy (and they had made video cameras small enough and iPhones existed) when I was in middle school I totally would have been all over this idea for my science fair project... although getting daphnia drunk was pretty fun too...

The video is over six minutes long but soo worth watching because it's got fascinating views of the earth's atmosphere and clouds and stuff. Enjoy!

No comments: