Sunday, October 3, 2010

Science Is FUN!

About 90% of the following silly scientific things were either sent to me by my father or found on his facebook page. Oh the joys of having a biology teacher for a dad.

The first, "Hello Darwin, My Old Friend," a.k.a. the classic Simon and Garfunkel song "Sound of Silence" is a pretty fantastic tribute to Darwin.

These fabulous cookies, cakes, and cupcakes were featured on an awesome cooking blog called Not So Humble Pie, which belongs to a biologist turned baker. My old genetics professor probably would have died over the drosophila cookies, but the mouse cookies are my personal favorite.







Next up we have a sweet knitted DNA pattern from the website twosheep.com. The pattern is featured here in Dr. Montville's DNA Double Helix Fisherman Scarf.


Finally, we have a full on knitted dissection of a mouse, a frog, and a pig from Emily Stoneking of the Etsy shop Crafty Hedgehog. You can buy the patterns for the mouse and frog while the pig is made to order... I would totally have knit these for my favorite bio teacher in college! I think Yorty would have loved them!






Is it wrong that I find these adorable?

No comments: