Thursday, February 17, 2011

And The World Keeps On Spinning

Every now and then I have a spasm of stress. It sucks, makes me very iritable, and, during said spasm, I tend to get weepy.

I had one yesterday morning. I'm pretty sure that if a psychic had seen me, she (or he) would have said my aura was inky black, only penetrated by flashes of the deadliest lightning.

Sounds fun, huh?

My day did get a little better when I got a surprise delivery at work... an old issue of Cooking with Paula Deen that I had spent the past two months trying to track down. I was pretty jazzed about that.

Then, our intern said something that really hit a cord with me.

She said, "And the world keeps on spinning."

She said it more to herself than to me and it was about a completely unrelated subject to my foul mood, but it made me smile, and suddenly I felt better.

She is so wise.

No comments: