Thursday, September 22, 2011

Home Sweet Apartment

I know this is a highly anticipated, long awaited moment for many of you (ie my family). It's still a work in progress, but my mom kept yelling at me, so here it is...

Welcome to My Apartment!

 It literally took me about three hours to screw in (by hand) the three screws used to hang the mirror and two black picture frames... I think my walls are plaster pretending to be concrete. I opted for command strips to hang the other frames.

My "accent wall." It's actually darker and a greener teal in real life. The previous tenants picked out this color, I think I would have picked out something different, but it's growing on me.

Eventually I think I'm going to hang a few more pictures on this wall, but I think I'm going to get a drill first...

My utility shelf for extra cooking things... I'll also use it when I use my rice cooker and George Forman, since there isn't any counter space for them in the kitchen. 

Awesome pots and pan wall. My dad made the frame... Isn't it adorable?

If you click "read more" you can see more pictures.
Other half of my kitchen... best part is the dishwasher!

Dad named my kitchen "The Galley" because it's nautically small.

Dining Room



 Loving my flowers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful and so nicely decorated. You did a great job. Lots of love Grammy

Lori said...

Wow! Nice job. It's beauteous!!
Love you, Mom

Melissa said...

Thanks guys :)

Jenny A said...

I loveeeeeeee it!!! You are totally awesome :) I can't wait to come crash your apartment for some much needed roomie time!

Lisa said...

hmmm i don't think my post worked from last time so i'm going to try again.

i LOVE your apartment, it looks amazing! i especially love 1) the incredibles 2) the curtains in the living room 3) that blue wall is cool, i love the pop of color and 4) the pot and pan wall. kudos to your dad! you should come to 'bama and decorate my new apartment!

Anonymous said...

Love it, Melissa!! Can't wait to visit. I'm thinking the spring during apple blossom time. Love, Your one and only Aunt leslie