Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Susan McCorkindale!

Yes. That is a picture of me and SUSAN MCCORKINDALE!

I decided to take a quick jaunt over to the Barnes and Noble in Georgetown tonight for Susan McCorkindale's book signing. I absolutely loved her books Confessions of a Counterfeit Farm Girl and 500 Acres and No Place To Hide, so I was super excited when I found out that she was going to be in Georgetown. This was also my first official book signing (unless you count the time I got Roger Lea MacBride to sign my copy of Little House On The Rocky Ridge at a farmers market when I was 7) so that was fun too.

She's quite hilarious (in person and in print) and when she read the first chapter of 500 Acres we (the people that braved the rain to come to the signing) just about died laughing. Seriously.

I got my copy of Confessions signed and a copy of 500 Acres signed for Jenny, since she couldn't be there in person. Oh, and I also got a Counterfeit Farmgirl t-shirt.


Then, on my way back to my car, I found Georgetown Cupcakes completely by accident. Bonus!

This pretty much made my week.


2 comments:

Jenny A said...

I really can't control my laughter...you are hilarious. Also, I can't believe you got a t-shirt and didn't get me one too!!?!?!?!? But, I guess I should still thank you for the book that you got signed to me :) You really are my super cool roomie

Susan McCorkindale said...

Melissa,

Love our photo! It was wonderful meeting you. Thanks for coming out in the rain!

Susan