Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How To Fix A Blown-out Window

*this is a three- (maybe four) week old post that I'm finally publishing now that I have internet*

Well mom and I survived hurricane Irene... but one of my windows did not. You see, in my apartment I have those old school swing out windows, but we also have air conditioning units. So, to make that possible, the actual window is permanently open, the air conditioning unit is attached to the bottom half, and a Plexiglas sheet is glued onto the rest of the window frame so that there isn't a hole.

Well it apparently wasn't glued in very well because the hurricane winds of Irene literally blew it out of the window at 4 a.m.

We had no tape or glue to put it back.

Long story short, we finally (after holding the Plexiglas in place for just short of an hour) thought of putting a box on top of the air conditioner to push against the window and then bracing the box in place with my very large bookcase. (my genius idea by the way).

Pure genius.

Alternate view

 we went out and got tape as soon as it was human hours again

tree debris on my sidewalk

No comments: