Sunday, April 4, 2010

Did That Just Happen??



Ok so normally I don't really get in to sports drama.

I could care less about how many people Tiger slept with. I feel bummed about those dogs that Mike Vick was involved with, but at least he seems to be trying to be a better person. I think its kinda funny how silly old Brett Farve keeps undulating between retired and not.

But this "breaking news story" is more than I can handle. McNabb is no longer an Eagle.

Worse. He is a Redskin.

My world has been shattered. Officially.

McNabb is a legend. He's 45% of the reason that the Eagles are one of my favorite football teams. When I think of the Eagles, I think of him... and possibly Westbrook (who has also been released).

The Redskins on the other hand, are one of my least favorite teams. Sort of. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I associate them with things I don't like, like Starter Jackets.... see my previous post on the weird feelings I associate with random teams for an explanation here.

What will I do come September? I've never liked the Redskins, but a guy who's arguably my favorite football player out there will now, most likely, be "the man" on their team. Do I change my opinions? Do I start to root for a team that I've essentially hoped would die every Sunday or Monday night? Will I find that I don't like the Eagles as much without their familiar leading man?

I only wish this was an April Fools joke... 3 days late.

No comments: