Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello 2010, Goodbye Perfect Yellow Purse


As some of you may know, this summer I was given my first ever Coach purse as a birthday present. It was beautiful, yellow, and my favorite. Ever.

Unfortunately, sometime around the beginning of November, it died.

Well not exactly, but the binding on the handle started to peel off. So, I took it to a Coach store and told them that my bag was breaking. They told me to send it to the repairs center in Florida and that if they couldn't fix it, I would get a credit for a new bag. So (with great sadness) I sent my purse off into the great beyond, hopefully to get repaired to "Coach Quality" and returned to me in all its yellow splendor.

I received a letter several weeks later informing me that my bag could not in fact be restored to its former glory. To make up for their inability to repair it, they would either award me a credit of 344.40 (the value of my bag) or they would send back my bag in lieu of credit.

Now, 344.40 is an awful lot of money to give up when you only paid 90ish for a bag (thank you coach factory store super sales!) even if it is an amazing yellow bag... so I took the money. It was almost enough for three more bags (again, thank you coach factory store). I gave one to my mom for Christmas, so now she's styling, I kept one for myself, and I returned the third for 127 in store credit... not too shabby, I think!

So, goodbye beautiful yellow bag! Hello new year and new Coachness!


Mom's Mine

2 comments:

Lisa said...

omg both are super cute!! love it. but RIP yellow bag, it was so you lissa.

Melissa said...

agreed. : (