Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Three Weeks of Happiness

After around five months of relative seclusion from most of my friends (and frankly, anyone within 5 years of my age) I finally broke free from the monotony of living like I'm back in high school again.

On December 16, I embarked on a three week whirlwind of travel, family, and friends. I went from Virginia to Florida to Vermont to Pennsylvania to New Jersey and finally back to Virginia. I never left a place when I was supposed to and I stretched my vacation out as long as humanly possible.

In those three weeks, I made new friends and saw old ones. I got two new nicknames, "Tea Girl" (from some rando woman at Epcot) and "Feathers" (from some rando dude I met in Florida haha). I went from the happiest place on earth (Florida/Disney) to the coldest (Vermont). I did Christmas five times with my real family and once with my school family. I had about 40 diseases and lived to tell about them all, my brother got the flu (not swine...we think). I won the Sherman Family Christmas Sweater Contest. I went sledding and built a snowman. I played a never ending game of war on new year's eve and tons of rummy and May I. It was a great time. I wish it hadn't ended!

My Florida family

My real family

The cousin sweater contest (and grampa)

Sledding

My Etown family

Sam, our sea monster snowman

No comments: