Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Today marToday marked the momentous occasion of the anniversary of the birth of one of the most impressive wordsmiths around. Theodor Seuss Geisel!

He wrote some of my favorite book as a kid... The Cat In The Hat, Fox in Sox, The Lorax, and of course How The Grinch Stole Christmas (which, incidentally happens to still be one of my favorite Christmas movies).

Also super fun is "Seuss Landing" which is one of the worlds in Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl. I got the opportunity to immerse myself in the land of Seuss back in November and I must say that (aside from Harry Potter Land) it was my favorite part of Universal. It was just so darn cute!
 
The most recent Dr. Seuss inspired creation is a new animated show on PBS, The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That, which is very cute and never fails to make you want to rhyme. Even better, it very cleverly teaches kids science, with lessons about rainforests, sea creatures, and even amoebas!
 
Check it out!

No comments: