Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome to Tennessee?

Who would think that a journey from Virginia down to North Carolina would include a short stint in Tennessee?

I certainly didn't.

That is until I passed a sign while driving south on I-81 towards North Carolina (I thought) welcoming me to the Volunteer State.

Welcome to the beauty of the GPS and knowledge-free driving.

Fortunately, my unplanned journey through Tennessee was actually supposed to happen and I made it safely to Asheville. Even more amazing? My cousin (who was driving up from Atlanta) and I got to our hotel within 15 minutes of each other!

We decided to go to TGI Fridays for dinner since it was easy and we had a killer coupon. It was awesome. The food was yummy and our waiter Russell was very attractive and incredibly nice, tweaking the system so that I could get an appetizer as a meal so that we could use our coupon and giving Em a special price on her wine. He also told me that I was much prettier in person than in my license picture... although that's not too hard since my picture looks more like a mugshot than anything else. But I'll take the compliment any day!

Next stop, wine tasting, manicures and pedicures, shopping, and touring huge estates.

So excited for the rest of the weekend and super fun cousin time!

No comments: