Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quotables


Most people who know me know that I have two major obsessions... scarves and greeting cards, or more specifically, fresh ink and quote cards. This obsession is pretty ridiculous but I can usually manage it by exerting superhuman amounts of will-power upon entering a Hallmark store. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't work. I'll often go into Hallmark expecting to purchase a single card and come out with three. Once I even walked into Hallmark (on autopilot), only to remember once I was inside that I didn't need any cards and had, in fact, intended to go to the store next door. I bought 4 Fresh Ink cards that day... In fact, one of the reasons that I hate the whole super early Christmas bonanza, is because Fresh Ink cards are often the first to go when Hallmark has to create shelf space for Christmas cards.

My little problem gets even worse if I'm in a store that carries Quotables cards. Since they're harder to find, I have been known to buy four or even five at a time, especially if I've never seen them before. Luckily for my bank account, that isn't too often. But hey, at least the greeting cards I compulsively buy cost under $3, as opposed to shoes or designer bags that cost hundreds!

Anyway, I've decided to share my large collection of quote cards with the world (or at least the 5 people who actually read this blog). It will be my gift to you each week.... or so.

This week's quote (seen above) is my all time favorite quote. Read it, remember it, live it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

one of my favs as well. i'm going to try and guess some of the ones you're going to put up. i have a guess for next week. thanks for getting me obsessed with fresh ink and quote cards as well =)